CMS Core Competencies
The Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) funded the Road Map of Core Competencies for the Direct Service Workforce, a multi-phased research project implemented through the National Direct Service Workforce (DSW) Resource Center. The purpose of this project is to:
- identify a common set of core competencies across community-based long-term services and supports (LTSS) sectors: aging, behavioral health (including mental health and substance use), intellectual and developmental disabilities, and physical disabilities; and
- assist states to take a more comprehensive and standardized approach to direct service workforce training and workforce quality improvement through the creation of a nationally-validated core competency set.
The DirectCourse content is designed to help you meet these core competency areas.
See below for specific resources that demonstrate this!
- DirectCourse Core Competencies Cross-Walk: Click here
- CMS Direct Service Workforce Core Competencies Webinar: On January 22, Lori Sedlezky, MSW of the University of Minnesota RTC, presented the newly validated, CMS funded DSW Core Competencies.
- To view the presentation, click here.
- To download the slides, click here.
- Recorded webinars and slides for individual content areas:
- College of Personal Assistance and Caregiving: March 5th, 2pm EST
- College of Direct Support: March 18th, 2pm EST
- College of Recovery and Community Inclusion: April 1st, 2pm EST
- Road Map of Core Competencies for the Direct Service Workforce: Click here.
Educate. Enrich. Inspire.
That’s our mission. We want to give you everything your organization needs so you can educate your staff, enrich their knowledge and help them inspire everyone they work with on a daily basis.